Monday 15 March 2010

Pucker up...

Image: Tim Walker for Vogue UK

For me, Tom Ford is one of the most talented designers around. I almost feel that referring to him as a 'designer' is somehow to under-sell his talent. Despite it's slightly pretentious sound, I think we're much better to call him an aesthetician: someone who understands beauty, aesthetics and composition to the point where everything he does is as close to perfection as can be.

It's for this reason that I was delighted to read about his new lipstick collection. Ford describes his futile search for the ubiquitous 60s shades of fuschia and coral for A Single Man as one of the main drivers behind the range, and I am very glad he found a reason to make another step into designing for women again. As predicted, the review suggests that every single shade is the one you've been looking for all your life, so it is with great anticipation that I await their launch!